General Category > Ongoing Anim8or Development

1066 release - Face selection

<< < (2/4) > >>

Claude:
The problem seems to be that in flat shaded mode the
selection or deselection  are recorded but not shown.
If you change mode and go back to shaded mode,
it shows your selection correctly.

PS It's probably the new Opengl rendering code.
     The mesh data is duplicated in a different format to
     to make rendering faster,but it's not updated
     in flat shaded mode when selection or deselection 
     are made.The problem is not showing when the old code
     is used.

Steve:
Oops, a bug! The faces are being selected but Anim8or isn't telling that to the new flat-face code :-)  I'll post an update soon.

Note: in the mean time, if you switch to smooth or wire-frame and then back to flat mode the faces will show as selected.  Or you can toggle back to the old code <Ctrl-N>.

kreator:
Got it Ctrl/n does the job. Thanks Steve.

I must have been losing the plot with layers hoping for some reason that the layers in object mode would be carried over into scene mode. I can now see that would not happen.

Can we see at some point objects being duplicated or copied from scene mode rather than having to go to the build menu every time to replicate the same item.

Steve:
Layers aren't finalized yet.  I do like the idea of the propagating the settings from the Object editor throughout but it's more work that you  might think to do.  Stay tuned ...

As for duplicating things in the Scene editor, currently Cut/Paste work on keys.  It would have to use an alternate command.

kreator:

--- Quote from: Steve on February 12, 2014, 05:21:58 pm ---
As for duplicating things in the Scene editor, currently Cut/Paste work on keys.  It would have to use an alternate command.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately cut/copy/paste has never worked in scene mode, perhaps something along the lines of replicate could be assigned to the function keys F1,F2 and so on.... these keys are unused within the program

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version