General Category > Ongoing Anim8or Development

Initial CAD-style feature

<< < (3/11) > >>

jwalt:
Thanks, Raxx. That was pretty obvious. Sorry I missed it.

cooldude234:
I know this just the ground work for the CAD features to come but is it just me or does it feel a little clunky and in your face (it takes a lot of work space and kinda is distracting). I don't really know but I think it might be other anim8or elements interfering with the ruler. Like the mesh's bounding box. But when ever I use it with lots of things on the screen it looks really busy.

Steve:
cooldude234 do you have any suggestions on how to make it less cluttered? (Hope I didn't make it worse by adding a numeric scale on the grid :) )

cooldude234:

--- Quote from: Steve on August 27, 2014, 05:57:37 pm ---cooldude234 do you have any suggestions on how to make it less cluttered? (Hope I didn't make it worse by adding a numeric scale on the grid :) )

--- End quote ---

If I come up with any I will be sure to let you know of them! I love constructive criticism, I just can't always provide some :P

Unobtainium:
Perhaps a "CAD mode" button is suitable if more CAD tools are implemented, that way the CAD tool buttons can be hidden when "CAD mode" is inactive?
Alternatively just throw the CAD tool buttons in a menu (tab?) like what's done for the Object/Edit and Object/Point edit buttons.

Here are a couple of CAD style tools that comes to mind:
- Measure volume & surface area (of entire model and of selected faces).
- Duplicate or repeat a model with array / matrix like functions (duplicate along splines & edges, duplicate over an X*Y area, duplicate over a face/surface).
- Proper working & fast boolean operators (maybe a tough nut?).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version