General Category > Ongoing Anim8or Development

Topo Tool

(1/19) > >>

Raxx:
The topo knife is my primary method of detailing when doing polygonal modeling. Basically it only cuts the edges/faces of faces shared by the starting point/edge, with no chance whatsoever of unintentionally cutting what you don't intend to cut (such as stuff underneath). It allows for fast, precise placement of edges.

I uploaded a youtube vid of the XSI version of the tool a while back. Its delete tool also shows what I believe is the p/e dissolve feature that you requested earlier.

[/youtube]
I also show its usage a lot later on in my minotaur making-of video.

[/youtube]

nemyax:

--- Quote from: Raxx on February 06, 2015, 09:16:29 pm ---Basically it only cuts the edges/faces of faces shared by the starting point/edge, with no chance whatsoever of unintentionally cutting what you don't intend to cut (such as stuff underneath).

--- End quote ---
I see. But what about the existing slice-the-hell-through functionality for situations when you do need it?

Off topic: I couldn't find a "topo"-labeled tool in Mod Tool, but what you showed in the video looks like Add Edge.

ronaldefarmer:
Topo knife would be very useful.

neirao:

--- Quote from: ronaldefarmer on February 07, 2015, 02:42:41 pm ---Topo knife would be very useful.

--- End quote ---
  yes!! very useful!! i like it!!

Raxx:

--- Quote from: neirao on February 07, 2015, 07:52:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: ronaldefarmer on February 07, 2015, 02:42:41 pm ---Topo knife would be very useful.

--- End quote ---
  yes!! very useful!! i like it!!

--- End quote ---

Yup ;)

--- Quote from: nemyax on February 07, 2015, 11:45:58 am ---
--- Quote from: Raxx on February 06, 2015, 09:16:29 pm ---Basically it only cuts the edges/faces of faces shared by the starting point/edge, with no chance whatsoever of unintentionally cutting what you don't intend to cut (such as stuff underneath).

--- End quote ---
I see. But what about the existing slice-the-hell-through functionality for situations when you do need it?

Off topic: I couldn't find a "topo"-labeled tool in Mod Tool, but what you showed in the video looks like Add Edge.

--- End quote ---

I never suggested it as a replacement. More like an addition as a separate tool or enhancement to the current Add Edge tool. In Mod Tool, it's called the Add Edge tool. I just called it topo knife because that's basically what I use it for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version