Artwork > Anim8or Challenges

Skertch #2 -- [ Rig and Pose A Mannequin ]

<< < (3/4) > >>

davdud101:
HERE it is! And nutso- I didn't have the Key Bones button selected when I started posing him in the sequence mode so it didn't save his arm positions for scene mode. I rendered in the sequence editor if that's okay.

My process for posing has become FAR streamlined when I figured out that the different mouse buttons (MMB, LMB, RMB) rotate things on different axii. It has to have been one of my favorite "features I didn't know about".

I did his body in three separate segments, as gives him more flexibility, which in turns yields greater "humanescence" (this word will live forever). I kinda wish he had more fist-like hands to enhance this pose.

NOTES: I also added a black dot onto his severely round head so you can tell what direction his head is facing. Also, this is a 'Redux" version because when I realized I could use one body part for both sides if it's symmetrical, I decided to make a new file to do it in.

Raxx:
Good job finishing this stage davdud101. It'd be nice if you took the time to create an AA, lights w/ shadows, based scene setup and render. After all, it's part of what the challenge calls for. The primary reason it's asked for is to reinforce the habit of making a well thought-out presentation of your work, regardless of what kind of work it is. How you present it directly influences how others care about it. If you show apathy and present less than the minimum, the viewers will reflect that apathy. If you show care, that gets reflected instead. Users like $imon, ENSONIQ5, and ronaldefarmer are good examples to follow.

Another reason for the requirement is practice, and another is to start you thinking about composition ahead of the next challenges. You can run Anim8or on a Macbook with Boot Camp or other software, so forward thinking is still A-OK ;)

--- Quote ---My process for posing has become FAR streamlined when I figured out that the different mouse buttons (MMB, LMB, RMB) rotate things on different axii. It has to have been one of my favorite "features I didn't know about".
--- End quote ---

This will change once Steve applies the changes he made to the Figure editor (in the latest dev releases) to the Sequence and Scene editors. Animation will be a lot more intuitive with the screen-based rotation, the ability to rotate bones just by clicking and dragging on them (in fast select mode) and the rotation widget.

--- Quote ---I did his body in three separate segments, as gives him more flexibility, which in turns yields greater "humanescence" (this word will live forever). I kinda wish he had more fist-like hands to enhance this pose.

I did his body in three separate segments, as gives him more flexibility, which in turns yields greater "humanescence" (this word will live forever). I kinda wish he had more fist-like hands to enhance this pose.

--- End quote ---
By all means, you can make changes to his body and give him palm and finger blocks (like mittens), or even go all the way and give him individual finger components like others have. You can also modify the head to give him a nose-shaped formation or brow if you think it'll help. Don't get too detailed though...that's for something two challenges from now 8)

davdud101:

--- Quote from: Raxx on June 29, 2015, 06:24:03 pm ---Another reason for the requirement is practice, and another is to start you thinking about composition ahead of the next challenges. You can run Anim8or on a Macbook with Boot Camp or other software, so forward thinking is still A-OK ;)

--- End quote ---

I actually didn't know about Boot Camp, like a fool. Gotta find my Win7 installation disc. I'm definitely going to go forward with this challenge now! (And make those changes so I can render him in scene mode)

KyleSan:
Hey guys,

Its tons of fun watching all our characters grow together.
Here's my addition.

Raxx:
Looks good KyleSan, nice Catwoman pose :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version