General Category > General Anim8or Forum

Anim8or v1.0 Beta is available

<< < (3/9) > >>

captaindrewi:

--- Quote from: Steve on March 23, 2017, 04:46:03 pm ---captaindrewi: It all depends on the security settings on your computer. Try clicking "Run anyway" and the see if it asks again when you try to run it a second time. Do you remember if it asked about previous versions of Anim8or when you first ran them
--- Quote from: Steve on March 23, 2017, 04:46:03 pm ---captaindrewi: It all depends on the security settings on your computer. Try clicking "Run anyway" and the see if it asks again when you try to run it a second time. Do you remember if it asked about previous versions of Anim8or when you first ran them?

--- End quote ---
Clicking on 'run anyway' results in anim8or working but the dialog box freezing on the screen..the only way to remove the box [calls itself smartscreen] is via task manager. exiting anim80r then restarting brings up the same dialogue box again.
This is new to me no other version has caused this box to appear and i have run every release.
--- End quote ---

Steve:
This is quite puzzling. I don't build it any differently than before. I changed the internal release number to 1.0.0.0 from 0.9.8.0 which is a property of the executable file. That shouldn't make a difference that I know of. I'll see if I can find out what's going on.

ENSONIQ5:
I received the MS Essentials security warning on downloading the zip file but no problems running V1.0 beta.

EDIT: W7 Home Premium 6.1.7601 SP 1 Bld 7601

Raxx:
Congratulations Steve :) It's odd not seeing v0.9X tailing Anim8or's name anymore.

captaindrewi:
@Steve..I have downloaded the new version again, this time from the anim8or site and its now working ok. :)
Previously i had downloaded the 1.0 beta from Kreators Anim8or Facebook area and that edition/version gives me the dialog box.
Sorry to cause you undue work. :(
On further inspection i found the location of the troublesome version was downloaded to some obscure location within IE. and i think the cause was that it was being run from this odd location.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version