Artwork > Finished Works and Works in Progress

Swobu

(1/3) > >>

NoobJens007:

I made a character (orc) and he's a pretty simple model.
His name is Swobu :)
I did this short animation where he is puzzled by some strange cans
he has never seen before. I couldn't figure out how to make the cans stand still until they are knocked over,
any tips appreciated.

I'm very much a beginner and slow learner of Anim8or and 3D modelling.
The render took two full days before it was completed(!), but I think I got some nice shadows.
Help with understanding how lights/shadows work in Anim8or and what monte carlo samples mean
would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Jens

Gyperboloid:
Wow! Nice shadows, lighting in general. Rendered with ART  ??? As about the cans, how did you animate them? They shouldn't move untill the moment you "drop" them.

NoobJens007:
Thank you :D

The scene has 2 infinite lights, one that casts shadows, and one that doesnt.
Used the default renderer which I dont remember what is called.

The cans are seperate objects and when I moved them at the frame where
The action happens, they sort of started moving in the starting frames.

I thought I had made a keyframe when the action happens to make sure they would start moving there, but I had to do a clumsy job of moving them into their place where they werent supposed to move. Thats why they move a little before he hits them.

thecolclough:

--- Quote from: NoobJens007 on October 31, 2017, 10:08:55 pm ---The cans are seperate objects and when I moved them at the frame where
The action happens, they sort of started moving in the starting frames.

I thought I had made a keyframe when the action happens to make sure they would start moving there, but I had to do a clumsy job of moving them into their place where they werent supposed to move. Thats why they move a little before he hits them.
--- End quote ---
whenever you start keying an element's position or orientation, another key is automatically added at frame 0.  sometimes this is useful, and sometimes it isn't.  in this case, that extra key is what's causing your unwanted movement (i sort of understand the reasons why it does that, but it's a bit complicated; Steve could explain better).  if you want the element to stay still at the beginning of the scene, you can do that by deleting the auto-added key at frame 0; the program will then keep the element at the position (or orientation, or whatever) specified by the first key it can find, even if that key doesn't appear until hundreds of frames later.

nice video overall though - looks like your animation career is off to a good start :)

NoobJens007:
Thank you for the help thecolclough!
I will use that for future animation.

I actually used Anim8or more than 10 years ago, but have forgotten alot of what I learned back then,
but Anim8or is very intuitive and easy to get started with again. And it's exciting for me to come back to it now
that v.1.0 is out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version