Anim8or Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

An update to Anim8or, v1.00b, is available with a few bug fixes. Get your copy HERE. See the "ReadMe" file for details.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Doorless lift WIP  (Read 8341 times)

ENSONIQ5

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 925
    • View Profile
    • Mission Backup Earth
Re: Doorless lift WIP
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 03:05:38 pm »

Hmm, I see what you mean.  It's not really shadows you are chasing, its occlusion.  If the elements are all set to cast and receive shadows, and the light is set to cast 100% shadows, the light should not pass through the floors, at least with the Scanline renderer (not sure about ART, it has a few niggles).  Make sure the object normals are correctly set as well, that might cause problems if they are reversed.

You will have to set the shadows to 100% for full occlusion.  You can adjust the "blackness" of shadows by adjusting the Ambient setting of the material used to texture the ceilings, and any other material for that matter.  If it is set to a value of 0.30, that should be the same as a 70% shadow falling on material with an ambient setting of 0.0 (I think).

The only other thing I can suggest is to limit the range if the lights themselves, so they only reach the areas they are supposed to illuminate.  A bit of experimentation might yield results.
Logged

cumesoftware

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
    • View Profile
    • Cume Software official website
Re: Doorless lift WIP
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 02:03:38 am »

I've tried the 100% shadows, but it only partially solves the problem. I will try adjusting the ambient setting. It seems that the material is picking some reflected light from above. The normals are no problem, since I'm using cubes for the floors (for now).
Logged

cumesoftware

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
    • View Profile
    • Cume Software official website
Re: Doorless lift WIP
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 02:24:16 pm »

Ok. I hadn't much time lately, but I managed to make the guide rails (according to the T75 guide rail dimensions for use in that particular lift). I've been a bit crazy for details lately. It is because I'm afraid that some YouTube users (that might be experts on lifts) to point structural errors.

Anyway, as Mactetra suggested, I've added a broken glass (this one is for this particular door). I will add another on another door and a defect here and there. However, I don't wan't to add to much damage or wear, just wear from the normal use. I'm planning to add textures to the doors (some scratches) but I'm not an expert on texturing.

Well, here are the pics of the latest developments:



Logged
Pages: 1 [2]