Anim8or Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

An update to Anim8or, v1.00b, is available with a few bug fixes. Get your copy HERE. See the "ReadMe" file for details.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 02:15:03 am 
Started by fromsoysauce - Last post by fromsoysauce
Older fans of mine might remember a game I made back in high school, and a fully animated CG opening that was inspired my Monty Oum's stuff and fully animated and rendered in Anim8or, if you have never seen the short it can be found here:

Well- I'm doing my Sr. Capstone for college this year, and I decided what better way to end college then with by revisiting the project that got me into college in the first place!

I don't have anything special at the moment, but I do have some screen shots of a fully Rigged modern design for our super hero protagonist: Raincloud.

Also she comes in chibi too:

on: Yesterday at 01:56:41 pm 
Started by selden - Last post by selden
Here's the announcement for some of my most recent efforts. As mentioned above, they need Celestia to have been installed. They should work under Windows, MacOS and Linux. Each includes both installation and operating instructions.
----
The preliminary Framework, Power and Mundilfoeri map Addons have all been updated. The Framework has increased dramatically in size to support additional interactions with the communication system used in the Neosol stellar system. They all work individually or in cooperation with each other and/or the original Resurgence Addon.

I consider these to be "Release Candidates." I think they've ready to be officially published, but would like others to test them for bugs or problems that I might have overlooked.

1. MundilfoeriMaps_v097.zip  (45 MB, expands to 68 MB, updated 16:30 EST, 19 Jan '18 )
 -- Adds maps of the Mundilfoeri planetary system.

2. ZeusBattery_v097.zip (3.4 MB, expands to 4.2 MB, updated 16:30 EST, 19 Jan '18 )
-- Adds a battery to the Resurgence maps. v0.95 improves backdrop and explosion.

3. ResurgenceFramework_v097.zip (19 MB, expands to 37 MB, updated 16:30 EST, 19 Jan '18 )
-- Adds several control icons at the bottom of the maps, in addition to some control over the things they display.
This includes elements of the Neosol Communication network.

Below are screengrabs of some of what is included in the updated Framework Addon. See earlier posts for images from the Mundilfoeri and Power Addons.

Framework cooperating and interacting with the original Resurgence Addon and with the Zeus Battery Addon.

Two 3D maps of the NeoSol communication network as provided in the Framework Addon.

Two control pages for the Neosol communication devices: a buoy used by the network and an interface to control the local connection to it.

Edited to add:
Almost all of the visible objects were created using Anim8or, including the buttons and the backgrounds. The exceptions are the hexagonal and circular meshes which consist of individual OpenGL lines. Those were created by programs which I wrote.  They defined those two objects using Celestia's native "CMOD" format.  It'd be nice if I could have used Anim8or to create them, but so far I haven't figured out a way to do that.

on: Yesterday at 12:41:45 pm 
Started by fromsoysauce - Last post by selden
What 3D manufacturing process would you be using?

Direct 3D printing or some form of lost-wax process?

on: Yesterday at 01:58:24 am 
Started by Arik_the_Red - Last post by Arik_the_Red
Yup, I had to do a search because I knew it had been here at one time... and found the dead link.  For some reason I always had it in my head that Kubajzz had a reference/link to it.  But that's the one.  Thanks much!

on: January 20, 2018, 09:07:50 pm 
Started by fromsoysauce - Last post by fromsoysauce
I will get Sharkie and Robin up as Ceramic figures that you will be able to get for yourself at shapeways!

on: January 20, 2018, 01:40:10 am 
Started by slex - Last post by ENSONIQ5
How about adding a second camera beside the first and making it a 'child' of the first camera, so they are locked together.  Then run a Scanline render (or ART, whatever) from both separately for a stereo output.  You'll need to fiddle with the amount of offset between the cameras to get the depth correct, there's actually a formula for determining this but I don't recall it from my remote sensing days in college.

on: January 19, 2018, 02:06:29 pm 
Started by slex - Last post by slex
Greetings,

Is there any way of adding support for "Scanline renderer" in stereo view workspace?
Personally I like it's features more than Art Ray Tracer and it's a bit faster as well.
It would look crazy cool with VR glasses  :)

(and again- Antialiasing for openGL render output?)

on: January 19, 2018, 06:17:39 am 
Started by Arik_the_Red - Last post by kreator
didnt know Kubajzz did one Aric, the only one I know of is this one...http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/davidraft/Anim8orMaterialDB/materials.htm

on: January 19, 2018, 03:44:15 am 
Started by Arik_the_Red - Last post by Arik_the_Red
Does anyone have a copy of ol' Kubajzz' Materials Database?  The original site link has, sadly gone to internet limbo... and while folks sometimes think it's rather silly, I have always used it as a basis for creating other materials.

Please, PLEASE!!! Anyone?  I think it's worth somehow restoring to accessibility for all interest.

on: January 19, 2018, 03:31:55 am 
Started by 5L1D3R - Last post by Arik_the_Red
Gorgeous work, I love the extreme details!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10