Anim8or Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


An update to Anim8or, v1.00b, is available with a few bug fixes. Get your copy HERE. See the "ReadMe" file for details.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - selden

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

General Anim8or Forum / mesh axes not shown -- can't adjust rotational axes
« on: September 04, 2017, 01:58:27 pm »
I need to adjust the location and orientation of the rotational axes of a mesh, but for some reason its origin and axes aren't being shown when the mesh is selected. What am I overlooking or doing wrong?

Yup: fixed in v1.0b 1298!

When using Anim8or v1.0b, in the Object editor, if I try to custom rotate a centered cylinder by 45 degrees, it instead rotates some small angle. The builtin 90 degree rotations work OK. The problem is seen for all rotation axes.

This problem is not seen in Anim8or v1.0: a custom rotation of 45 degrees works fine.

Here are a couple of screengrabs of 1.0 and 1.0b after a custom 45 degree rotation about the Z axis.

General Anim8or Forum / Updates to the Ray Tracer documentation?
« on: August 28, 2017, 12:05:59 pm »
Is there any chance that the documentation for entering the class parameters for the Ray Tracer could be updated to include some explicit examples?

Although they mention the Attributes menu and list class settings, they don't actually say how and where to enter the various multi-level class parameters.

I'm in the process of searching the forum for posts describing how to use them, and I've found a few, but it's quite frustrating.

In particular, I'm trying to make ripples in a cup of tea look realistic, but it's a struggle.

Some of us with older eyesight prefer the older color scheme because it has higher contrast than the newer one.

General Anim8or Forum / Re: Pixie3D
« on: August 05, 2017, 11:05:12 am »

When I ran Pixie3D again, it managed to get past the 71% point. Unfortunately, it's now complaining that my graphics hardware doesn't support the necessary high level shaders (which I suspect might be incorrect), then it crashed when I asked for the debug info.

FWIW, here's what it says in its initial command window:

Starting Pixie3D...
Multi Sample Successfully Supported!
OpenGL has been enabled!
Graphics Card: NVS 3100M/PCIe/SSE2
Max Modelview Stack Depth: 32
Max Projection Stack Depth: 4
Max Texture Stack Depth: 10
Max Texture Units: 32
Max Texture Size: 8192
Max AntiAliasing Samples: 4
Max Clip Planes: 0


I then ran Pixie3D again and did not ask for debug info. It opened a 3D presentation window and I could click on its buttons. However, although the various "create object" buttons highlighted when clicked on, no objects appeared in the window.

General Anim8or Forum / Re: Pixie3D
« on: August 04, 2017, 07:14:22 pm »
Hi selden,

At some point when Pixie3D is loading up, it will try to reach my server to check for new updates.
It'd be nice if it only did that when one opens the Help -> About menu.
I don't think that is the reason why it hangs at that point, keep in mind that some components takes longer time to load up than others and I have noticed that it has always taken a little longer time to load components around 70% - I think around that point is where the main interface is being created.

I must have let it sit for at least 20 minutes and it didn't progress past that point, which is why I assumed it was related to the network connection (which Commodo had blocked).

General Anim8or Forum / Re: Pixie3D
« on: August 04, 2017, 11:11:37 am »
While it's initializing, Pixie3 opens a network connection to the IP address


If it can't open the link, it hangs at the 71% point.

Network connections should not be made without the permission of the user and software should continue to work even if they fail.

See the attached screengrab.

Anim8or Challenges / Re: Challenge #34: Anim8or 1.0 splash screen
« on: July 17, 2017, 07:00:38 pm »
For me it's intermittent. Most times I get one of the random screens, but sometimes I get a sort-of-pixelated uniform backdrop instead. I'm probably starting Anim8or somewhat differently when it fails (I usually just double-click on an existing .an8 file), but I'm not sure what the difference is.

General Anim8or Forum / Re: Rendering a series of png images
« on: July 16, 2017, 10:56:02 am »
Rendering time is going to depend on both the rendering software and the complexity of the scene.

You can export to obj and use a different renderer and/or you can render only some of the objects and use your favorite image processing software to composite separate images together.

Ongoing Anim8or Development / Re: Initial CAD-style feature
« on: March 26, 2017, 02:25:40 pm »
"Punch a hole" is high on my wish list.

The first time I tried to use my CMOD export script, Anim8or v1.0 beta complained that the file name was invalid.

To prepare to report this bug, I then opened the help -> about window to screengrab/record Anim8or's version number.

Then when I opened the export window, it worked fine and did not complain about the file name.



The section "Reporting Bugs" still says v0.95 instead of v1.0 beta.

It also does not say where to report bugs.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10