Anim8or Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

I've made the current development version of Anim8or available for feedback. See the new forum "Ongoing Anim8or Development" for details.

Author Topic: Something strange under the sun....  (Read 1984 times)

• Just another aninoob...
    • View Profile
    • śwakened!
Something strange under the sun....
« on: September 13, 2011, 07:09:25 pm »

I got a weird render issue...

Note the two attached images...

IMAGE 1 Strange Renders - normal: I created this render by having a satellite figure as the only object, but applying a jpg background (IMAGE 2).

IMAGE 2 Stars and Sun: The backgound jpg I made for IMAGE 1's environment background file. I created that in an anim8or scene where I made the "sun" by using a flat surface with a blurred "glow" texture with a solid white-blue blurred jpg and a transmap to make the illusion of a bright sun/light. I had a plain starfield jpg for an environment background image. I've used this "sun" technique many times to make "glows" in light bulbs, etc. In fact, the satellite has a similar "bulb glow" in a small lamp on the housing, and at the end of the shorter antenna, though they are hard to see because of the small size of the render area.

IMAGE 3 Strange Renders - odd: Here, I have returned to the source "sun" flat  object which is placed behind sphere "planets". The spheres and sun "panel" are the only objects. A plain "star" jpg was applied for the environment background. Originally, when I rendered this into jpg it came out looking like the first image's sunshine render...

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get my "sun glow" object as seen in MAGE 3 to return to its original crisp, clean appearance as seen in IMAGE 1 and IMAGE 2. I have even tried replacing my anim8or program with fresh downloads.

Does anyone have any idea why this quirk seems to have arbitrarily raised its ugly head>

• View Profile
Re: Something strange under the sun....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 03:12:06 am »

Did you by accident change any of your AA settings