Sadly, all I know is that I don't know any more than the next guy about this matter. For all Steve's done, I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing him or chasing away his followers.
I'll list your website in the first post, ADSohr. Starting a successful forum from scratch takes time and effort, so good luck and hopefully a lot of people can benefit from it.
As for the collab project, I do have an idea but since it's something that everyone might want to do, I don't want to sound like I'm trying to dictate any of the details. So if you guys have better ideas, then by all means say so.
Don't ForgetA tribute to Anim8or and its Community
Collaboration from all the members of the community that wanted to do something memorable.
So, here's the idea, let me toss it out there...
Basically it'd play the Don't Forget song by Demi Lovato. Kind of a sentimental animated montage thing from the users here.
Granted there aren't a whole lot of us anymore, but I know there're a lot of lurkers that still log in and browse around.
Assuming we have at least 12 people:
1. The contributor makes their own avatar of themselves in the form of a person, creature, robot, whatever entity they think best represents themselves, and has them dance, stand, play around, do whatever within a certain timeframe. Maybe each contributor should have the robin in there in some shape or form.
2. Each contributor makes a 10 second clip and a 3 second clip.
3. Each contributor's clip is played one after the other in sequence. The 10 second clips are played first, then some sort of tribute to Anim8or is done in a title screen, and then the 3 second clips are played afterwards. Each 10 second clip has their username and real-life photo that fade in and out along the bottom.
4. The positioning and fading of the names and photos will be done via post processing, so the contributor doesn't have to worry about that part of it (aside from providing the photo).
5. The scene can have whatever environment the contributor wants. Whether it interacts with their avatar or is static or even nonexistant.
6. Each contributor renders their own clip. To keep it all consistent, the settings will be predetermined. More than likely 1280x720, bicubic AA, and H.264/MPEG-4 codec with very low compression. Then each contributor can upload it to one of my websites and I'll combine them all together, add the names and photos, transitions, title screens, etc, and upload it to Youtube and Vimeo.
7. Anim8or will be the only program used for modeling, animation, and rendering, since this is a tribute to Anim8or. Yeah it's a pain to the guys who found other software to make it easier in certain areas, but that's what'll make it special.
Depending on the number of contributors that sign up, the actual length of the clips will be determined.
This is the song that would be playing during the duration of the animation:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiE5qVam1H8
Naturally this kind of has a "the end" kind of feel to it, and it'd be a little silly if Steve pops in sometime and says all is OK before it's finished. So if that happens then we just swap out the music with something funner and then all's well
Tell me what you think.