Anim8or Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The first Beat release of v1.0 has been released. See the General Anim8or Forum for details.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: "An8-Chan" side project  (Read 1977 times)

aimeusdietger

• View Profile
Re: "An8-Chan" side project
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 10:21:22 am »

Hey there, everyone! My youtube fans have been wanting me to get back into making an8 tutorials, but I've been hesitant to do it because I wanted to do it with some good fun production value.

An idea that's been floating around in my head is to have the tutorials actually feature a fully animated cute character that just flies in from time to time to give the whole series a more episodic show and pseudo story and not simply a tutorial series.

Of course, if you remember me, you also remember that I specialize in making "anime girls" So I was thinking of translating Steve's Robin into the design of cute and quirky anime girl "An8-Chan".

If you have any suggestions for design elements that you think would work well for the character let me know. Or if you think this idea is just silly weeb trash, feel free to let me know that too.

This is definitely a great idea, not trash at all. Whatever you do just try not to oversexualize your anime character. I've noticed this is a huge factor in most anime figures and it gets kinda monotonous. Fun and quirky will do just fine. All the best.

fromsoysauce

• Be creative and have fun
    • View Profile
Re: "An8-Chan" side project
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 07:54:48 pm »

Character sexualization is actually one of those things that go over my head. Being the asexual girl I am, the very idea of a character or person being "sexually attractive" is very strange to me. I do remember having heard that some characters are societal deemed "sexy" that I can't see as all that interesting aesthetically. Like Bayonetta. She sorta just looks like an awkward giraffe with guns to me.

Despite that though, I have been told in the past that that some people even describe my own characters as sexy:
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/p960x960/16722735_10212215115113018_8996116193256931117_o.jpg?oh=b0c8280ead6c6c732be307f033bf47b7&oe=5903513F
or
[/youtube]

Though in reality, as a girl game developer, when I create character designs, I tend to feel most satisfied with designs that look like things I think would be fun if that were what I looked like walking in public confidently. (of course, that's putting aside fantasy things like crystal wings and bird talons)

Pages: 1 2 [3]