Anim8or Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Anim8or v1.0 is available! Get your copy HERE and see the winner of the splash screen contest made by thecolclough.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Pixie3D  (Read 1798 times)

davdud101

• Couldn't ever use Blender or Maya. Anim8or's good.
    • View Profile
Re: Pixie3D
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2017, 11:51:31 pm »

Anybody else find this thread a little odd?

Odd?  In what way?  If you mean that "This is the Anim8or Forum, and how dare anyone speak of anything else!", then no.  After all, a handyman has a whole set of tools at his disposal to do his job --- hammers, nails, screwdrivers, wrenches, saws, chisels, wood, metal, torches, wire, twine, glue, duct tape, etc.  He certainly doesn't need all of these tools for each and every task he must accomplish, but it helps to know what each tool is and how it can help him accomplish the task at hand.  And sometimes it's helpful to know if he can substitute one tool for another.

It's no different for 2D or 3D graphics composition.  I would venture that every professional graphics designer or animator does not rely solely on one program. 

And even more importantly, information exchange --- regardless of how relevant it may seem at the time --- helps spawn new ideas.

I appreciate this post, Rudy! I'm a pretty hardcore Cakewalk SONAR and Sibelius user, but every once in a while I crack open Audacity to do some quicker demoing, or MuseScore where I don't have Sibelius installed. It's just different tools that make different types of jobs easier in some cases.
As a musician, I can also attest to this in saying that I wouldn't use an orchestral trombone when playing lead on a big band gig.

They're all just tools!
?

Pixie3D

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2017, 09:41:32 am »

Hi selden,

Thank you for letting me know about the issues you had with your graphics card.

Try have a look at some of videos on my website, there should be some that shows how to create primitives in your viewport, it is not as simple as activate the create buttons, you will need to define the primitives in your viewport. I am working on a "Get started with Pixie3D" video, that one might help you use Pixie3D. I am hoping I will finish this video and upload it to YouTube at some point this week. I will keep you posted.

Pixie3D

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 07:19:53 pm »

Just let you guys know, I have uploaded a 'Get started with Pixie3D' video that hopefully will help you guys.

&t=335s[/youtube]

Let me know what you guys think.

neirao

• Neirao
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2017, 03:20:18 pm »

Download links no work here! :(

lppena

• Anim8or, does a body good.
    • View Profile
    • Truespace Anim8or Casual Modeling Forum.
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2017, 07:41:54 am »

Sweet! Nice video and I have started following the development of the modeler. I mostly use another 3d modeler, but I love the simple nature of Pixie3d.
Pages: 1 2 [3]