When learning anything new, it's always best to start out simple and work your way up. For instance,
1. Start a New Project, and model just ONE ball. Make sure it's centered at the origin in Object mode (select it, and click Edit > Locate > Center about Origin.
2. You can change the name of the object. Click Settings > Object... This opens the Object Editor dialog box. You can type in a suitable name (like "Ball").
3. Change to Scene mode and click Build > Add Object. Select the object "Ball" and click OK. The Ball object should appear centered at the origin in the scene. If you can't see it, try changing your view. Click View > All. This should show you te Front, Top, and Left views, plus the camera view.
Other things to check:
1. Make certain you've selected Smooth Shaded as your display mode (Ctrl-S).
2. Open the Viewport Editor (View > Preferences), and make sure you've click-selected the Smooth, Textures, MipMaps, Transparency, Fog, and Backside options for OpenGL Workspace.
Hope this helps...