Anim8or Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

An update to Anim8or, v1.00b, is available with a few bug fixes. Get your copy HERE. See the "ReadMe" file for details.

Author Topic: Auto rigging?  (Read 86 times)

bayinghound

• View Profile
Auto rigging?
« on: May 22, 2020, 05:31:35 am »

Perhaps this is the wrong place to post this, but I wasn't exactly sure where I should.

My question is, is there some sort of auto rigging script for figures? I'm not trying to be lazy, I'm jist talking about boning all the important parts, head, neck, torso, hands, legs etc. It wouldn't have to be perfect, weights and painting isn't my issue, it's just the time required to properly set up a skeleton.

AlecJames

• View Profile
Re: Auto rigging?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 11:35:19 am »

Not a script solution but -

Could you have one in another anim8or file and import it?

johnar

• Make it, Move it--Give it Life
    • View Profile
    • youtube vids
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 02:26:25 am »

Also not a script solution, but -

I have used 1 rigged figure in the past, and using only morph targets, have morphed that figure into several distinctly different characters. Like, changed body shape and face shape, long hair or short hair etc....
  One character can be used as several different characters, with a bit of thought and morph targets.  (and color changes too, tho carefull with textures. I sort've remember some texture changes screwing up the morph targets, but that was some time ago)
%

bayinghound

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 03:31:33 am »

It was more of a curiosity than anything. Yea, I guess I could import. Now I feel silly. :)